Monday, August 23, 2010

The Younger Man

I can be a bit of a cougar. I admit it. Though I thoroughly enjoy men of all ages, the young ones are just more fun. They haven't been beaten down by life and the stress of parenthood. And they have a libido that won't quit.

The night that I debuted my hair extensions, I caught the attention of a 33-yr-old in my singles club. Several days later, he contacted me on Facebook and we started flirting back and forth. Eventually, we exchanged phone numbers. He started texting me every morning when I got to work. When I saw his name pop up on my phone, I smiled. Then he would call me at night and we'd talk for an hour or two. He asked me to meet him on Thursday after work for some drinks and pool.

Thursday morning, he texted and said that he wanted to go to the gym and work out that night so could we meet for dinner on Friday before our singles event? I agreed without showing the extreme disappointment I was feeling. I decided to have a little fun with this fickle man.

I texted him that I was going shopping for some new lingerie at lunch time and promised to send him a picture. That piqued his interest for sure. At the store, I chose a little pink and black number and snapped a picture of it on the rack and sent him a photo. He liked it. Then I casually mentioned that I was a little horny today. He texted back that maybe we should meet tonight after all. Gotcha.

Since he insisted, we met at a bar for drinks and played a couple of games of pool. Afterwards, we had a very deep conversation about his father's death last summer. Then he suggested we go back to someone's house...mine was closer so we went.

The next night, we had a singles club event at a bar to see a local band. We spent most of the time talking to other people. Eventually we danced a little and shared a drink. He asked me to come back to his place and I stayed the night. In the morning when I had to leave, he kept me at the door smothering me with really hot kisses. I told him if he kept that up, I wasn't going to leave. The morning sun was shining through the window and lit up his eyes just so. They were a tender, beautiful brilliant blue. I had fallen. Hard.

He didn't call again until Sunday night and we talked about Monday's singles club event. I knew he was concerned about gossip in the club and didn't like women touching him in public. We didn't talk much that night but I did coax him into playing pool with me.

Monday morning there was no text. In fact, there were no more calls and no texts all week. I was devastated. I sent him an email asking why. He said I was too old for him and he wasn't comfortable with it. It was a very long self-absorbed explanation of how he felt and no apology to me or any acknowledgement of how I might be hurt.

Unfortunately, I am now forced to run into him from time to time at our club events and he doesn't even make eye contact with me. He won't look at me or speak to me. He is truly the rudest person I have ever met.

No comments:

Post a Comment