Monday, August 23, 2010

Ditch the Mom Hair

My hair thinned quite a bit after my second daughter was born 15 years ago. Then I had gastric by-pass surgery two years ago and more of it fell out.  I tried to grow my hair out but it was taking forever.
I discussed some options with my hair stylist, Melissa, at Studio Bodair and she suggested hair extensions.  Melissa uses Socap extensions that are bonded on to your hair with heat.  One of my coworkers had her extensions braided and sewn in and that works quite well too.  Talk to a couple of stylists to find out which product is best for your hair type.

I started with baby steps, getting a few only on the sides. After 6 months or so I was ready to go for the full head of really long extensions. 

When I put pictures of myself with my new long hair on a couple of dating sites, I was amazed at the number and quality of men that were contacting me.  Expect to pay $400-$500 for a full head of extensions, but it is worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment