Monday, August 23, 2010

A Little Self Improvement Never Hurts...Well Almost Never

Back in early 2008, I realized that I was not going to find Mr. Good Enough looking the way I did. I was in my 40's, developing wrinkles, my hair looked awful and I weighed 230 lbs. I had already tried every diet plan and medication out there.

On one of my favorite radio shows in the Twin Cities, "Lori and Julia" on MyTalk 107.1, they raved about Botox and chemical peels. I decided to stick my toe in the water and try it. I went to a dermatologist and tried Botox in my forehead where I had deep horizontal lines and between my eyebrows where I had the "11" wrinkles. The injections were rather painful. I loved the results on my upper forehead. The results of the Botox between my eyes were not so good because I have puffy, slightly droopy eyelids and the Botox caused my eyebrows to droop a bit giving me an angry expression.

When I went back for my follow up appointment, the dermatologist suggested Restylane to fill in the wrinkles that were better but not completely gone. What the heck, I thought. Why not?

Despite the fact that they applied a topical numbing medicine, that was the most painful procedure I've ever experienced. IT HURTS people! Numerous ice bags later, I vowed never to try that one again.

No comments:

Post a Comment