Monday, August 23, 2010

Why So Delirious?

In January of 2008 I was granted my freedom from a marriage that felt like prison. Feelings of joy, comfort, friendship, support and emotional connection were long gone. My ex had angered me to the point that I could barely stand to look at him let alone allow him to touch me. Once when he suggested that we have sex, I literally broke out in hives. Of course, I'm not perfect and I certainly contributed plenty of problems to the marriage. I'm sure my ex is a wonderful person...for someone else.

Having been separated for four months before the divorce was final, I was already testing the waters of the internet dating scene. I couldn't wait to find Mr. Low Key. The good-looking guy who never raised his voice.

Ah, freedom. It was delicious and I was delirious.

No comments:

Post a Comment