Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Do You Know Your Love Language?

Since my divorce, I've been reading a lot of self-help books in an attempt to learn more about men and what they want.  So when I heard about this book on a local radio talk show, I had to read it.  It's called "The Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman.  I love this book and highly recommend it.

Mr. Chapman is not only a delightful person to listen to on the radio, he is the director of Marriage and Family Life Consultants, Inc.  In the book, he describes how people express love in different ways.  The five love languages are Quality Time, Words of Affirmation, Gifts, Acts of Service and Physical Touch.  I see you rolling your eyes and groaning that all men express love by Physical Touch.  Not so! 

My favorite part of reading the book was taking the Profile for Wives quiz in the back.  I learned that I am bi-lingual when it comes to love, meaning I scored equally in Words of Affirmation and Physical Touch.  That means I need to be touched and told in words that I am valued in order to feel loved.

It's SO important to know what your partner needs to feel loved.  You could be burying your loved one in mountains of gifts and his love tank could still be empty because he understands and feels love through Acts of Service.  Buy this book!  It is an easy read and extremely eye-opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment