Tuesday, September 7, 2010

What To Do With the Lame Excuse

It's frustrating when you meet someone, male or female, that you really like and a couple of dates in, that person says:

"I just got out of a long term relationship and I'm not sure I'm ready to date."
"My ex boyfriend wants to get back together with me."
"I don't know if I really want a relationship."
"My last girlfriend really hurt me."

How do you respond to any of those statements in a way to salvage what could be a relationship?  First of all, don't freak out.  Be cool and try to think of a snappy comeback.  You could say, "I'm nothing like your ex "so and so" and you're nothing like my ex, so I think we'll be fine."  Or try "There's a reason that person is an "EX."  "It's time to put on your big boy pants and move on."

Although I'm good at not freaking out at bad news, I've struggled with the snappy come backs.  I would love to hear how you've reacted to comments like these.  Feel free to either leave a comment or send me an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment